'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday's Muddle

A muddle is a miscellany, an unorganized mixture of various dissimilar items or elements.
 

Fettuccine Alfredo was born in 1920 in a restaurant in Rome. HERE is the original recipe! One of my favorite meals!

99 Dead Snowmen! Very cute!

Free University of Chicago Press ebook of the month:
 “Charmingly written … the book is a believe-it-or-not treasury of glue-spitting soldier ants, divorced birds, monkeys that dose themselves with herbal cures, and underwater day spas where big fish suspend their practice of eating little fish in exchange for getting their scales groomed and their teeth cleaned.… Crump’s entertaining anecdotes build to a heartfelt moral: The world is a wondrous place, and it is our obligation to keep it that way.”—Amanda Heller, Boston Globe
Fun facts and trivia for when the conversation gets dull!

A great resource for lovers of mystery, suspense, crime, thriller and spy novels!


Make your holiday pies ahead of time. Here's tips on how to bake and freeze pies.

Allie Mae Burroughs

Walker Evans was an American photographer famous for documenting the effects of the Great Depression in photographs for the Farm Security Administration.
Check out some of his photos HERE and HERE, you can print them off and frame them for free. Info on him at the Metropolitan Museum of Art HERE.



Desktop organization backgrounds Free!
two more designs HERE

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies!

This soup is on my menu this winter! Looks yummy!

Looks like good recipes HERE too!

Face book pic of the week:



















Make a great week,
Peggy Ann

2 comments:

  1. Peggy, your link to 99 Dead Snowmen made my day. I will be getting the book.

    I also like the Stop, You're Killing Me website. I use it especially for searching for mysteries with specific locations or jobs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nabbed that e-book. Might have some fun fiction inspiration in it. I've started doing my own muddle, as of today, though I didn't steal your name, and it's mostly book-related.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...