'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday's Muddle

My muddle of things I found interesting last week!

For Hercule Poirot fans

Did you know that the mystery writer, Anne Perry, is a convicted murderer? I did not! Check it out Here and Here

Sisters of the Bruce, a new book I would love to read, but it's only published in the UK right now! Drats and double drats!

5 types of salt every cook needs to know about


Saddleback caterpillar
Isn't he lovely?



And to your right is a newcomer to the States, a Kudzu bug. Yuk!










A great Christmas gift for a Jane Austen fan!

Wise words...




















A vintage movie I am looking forward to watching!

Make a great week!
Peggy Ann

8 comments:

  1. Two interesting bugs there. The caterpillar is very cute. Because I grew up in the southeast US where the kudzu plant reigns, I was interested in the bug too. Extremely ugly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in Florida, Tracy and we go south most summers. It does cover everything! Maybe the bugs will get rid of some of it!

      Delete
  2. A very interesting muddle as ever Peggy. I'll be on the lookout for that Sisters of the Bruce book, I knew nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just released in September, Katrina. I just got an email telling me I was approved to review it through netgalley! I'm so excited.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I knew Anne Perry was the real-life teenage murderer from the film Beautiful Creatures. I was quite shocked when I found out as I've read half a dozen of her books and had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen the movie Cath. Sounds like she didn't get much love or attention from her family growing up. a shame it was all the way around.

      Delete
  4. I've read quite a bot about the Parker-Hulme case, in which Anne Perry and her friend killed her friend's mother. The most disturbing part of it all is Perry's haughty attitude in court --that she seemed to feel and act superior to everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that sense too Kelly in the reading I've been doing in the last few days about it. Didn't sense remorse at all. Guess her life turned out okay regardless. I guess I need to read one of her books soon.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...