'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Meet the Protagonist Reading Challenge 2014

Meet the Protagonist@Litlequeen Rules

I am not one for doing challenges much, but this year I have signed up for 3 already and now I am adding another one!  JoAnne over @ Litlequeen Rules is sponsoring her first ever challenge and it's a very interesting one. Quite original, I thought.

Every book has a protagonist, love 'em or hate 'em. A leading or major character in the story. So JoAnne gave us 8 different types of protagonist to look for.

The Protagonist Categories:


  • A woman who is a mother.
  • A real life person who written into a fictional story.
  • A person that changes forms.
  • A person who is from a country different than the one you currently live in.
  • A person who lived before WWI.
  • A person who lives by a body of water.
  • A person younger than 18.
  • A character that is in a book series.
How difficult can this be? Hmm. Maybe more challenging than I think:)

Click the link above and sign up too!


I also joined Bev's 2014 Mount TBR Challenge she hosts each year. I joined the group she set up over at Goodreads this time. If your goal is to bring down that huge 'mountain' of To Be Read Books on your shelves you might want to head on over to My Reader's Block or Bev's group on Goodreads and check it out!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, good luck with all the challenges. I hope you post reviews of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first year I begged-off challenges except for Carl's RIP VIII, but i must say this "protagonist" challenge sure seems interesting and makes me want to join as well. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does sound fun, Diane. Different. Looking forward to doing it.

      Delete
  3. Peggy Ann, so glad to see you join my challenge!! I wonder if some off your Scotland books could cross over into my challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between this and the bingo challenge...you are going to be really busy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...