'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday's Muddle

A muddle is a miscellany, an unorganized mixture of various dissimilar items or elements.


Prefer to sleep or read to the sound of rain? This one is for you. Get a cup of tea or coffee and curl up with a book with this one!

Bet you though frying an egg was simple. Here's six different ways to do it!

Review pick of the week for a historical fiction book that sounds so good! I really want to read this! Also read the synopsis on Goodreads

Want to watch International Crime Drama? Great shows from Italy, Sweden, France, Germany, UK. MHz Worldview streams live online! Sorry it's only free in the USA it looks like. Subtitles, but terrific shows! Beck, Montalbano, Maigret, Fog and Crimes, and more! I love it. My PBS station carries the channel too. There's an ios app too! Tonight at 9pm EST is Sebastian Bergman a Swedish Police Procedural

Two pie recipes I am dying to try! Triple Chocolate Pumpkin and Chocolate Lovers Chocolate Mousse 


Picture of the week. Because this is one of my all time favorite things to do:
Distant Thunder by Andrew Wyeth 1961



Make a great week!
Peggy Ann

8 comments:

  1. Nice list. I liked the healthy foods link and also how to cook a fried egg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, that healthy food link has so much there, it is a good link!

      Delete
  2. Why do all thoughts turn to pie this time of year? Pie and soup and cheese and bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Patty. never thought about it. Pie maybe because we don't mind having the oven on now.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love all Wyeth paintings! But I do love to go outside and just lay in the grass so this one is me!

      Delete
  4. I assume Andrew Wyeth is the son of N.C. Wyeth, the book illustrator? Their styles are quite different. I bought the bigraphy of N.C. Wyeth so must get to it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Cath, he is the son of N.C. and James Wyeth is Andrew's son.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...