'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, October 25, 2013

Mail Call

Between the mail and the library sale today I made a decent haul!



Mail Box:
Behold Here's Poison  -  Georgette Heyer
The Mortdecai Trilogy  -  Kyril Bonfiglioli
Churchyard and Hawke  -  E.V. Thompson
Hide My Eyes -  Margery Allingham
still waiting on
The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry      

Library Sale:
National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds
The Brothers Karamazov  -  Fyodor Dostoevsky
The Best Russian Short Stories
A Death in the Family  -  James Agee
In the Woods  -  Tana French
Dewey's Nine Lives  -  Vicki Myron and Bret Witter
Housekeeping  -  Marilynne Robinson
The Headmistress  -  Angela Thirkell
The Duke's Daughter  -  Angela Thirkell   
Introducing Garrett, P.I.  -  Glen Cook
The Foundling (Sans Famille/Nobody's Boy) -  Hector Malot
Out of Old Nova Scotia Kitchens
Gentian Hill  -  Elizabeth Goudge
The Scotswoman  -  Inglis Fletcher
Nothing But Wodehouse  -  edited by Ogden Nash     

I think these are going to have get stacked on the floor beside my bookshelves!


8 comments:

  1. I live in Agee's hometown, where A DEATH in THE FAMILY is set. And of course, anything Wodehouse gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, my mom's family is from just north of you! Mom lived there for many years when my boys were little, in LaFollette. Love the area!

      Delete
    2. I used to do dinner theatre in LaFollette. Very familiar with the area.

      Delete
  2. You got a lot of variety in your books there. I hope you like In the Woods; I liked it a lot but it is long... Introducing Garret, P.I. looks good. I am hoping my son has the first book in that series. I want to try it. Have fun with all those books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa...time for more bookshelves! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the library haul. Dave and I attended a library book sale the other day and he thought it was all trash. He just doesn't know how to find the gems. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...