'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday Snapshots

It's Lobstah time!




Cottage on Sebago Lake, Maine. Local lobster were $4.99 a lb! so the lobster fiend cooked his own. He ate so much that week I told him he was going to grow claws! This little chickadee ate chicken!


Lobster brought home. Teaching the old dog a new trick: how to eat lobster!


 Lobster Salad for Lobster Rolls:

1 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

Place lobster chunks into medium bowl, pour the melted butter over. Toss to coat, then stir in mayo and season with pepper. Cover and chill for 20 minutes before serving.

Serve on sandwich roll.

this post is linked to Weekend Cooking @ Beth Fish Reads and Saturday Snapshots @ West Metro Mommy Reads. Stop by both places and check out more recipes and personal snapshots!

Peggy Ann

31 comments:

  1. We used to have a house on Lake Cathance, and the best part of every trip was always the lobster feast! I had no idea the trick to Lobster Rolls was butter -- fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobster rolls. I'd kill for one. (Maybe that could be the opening of a mystery novel.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lobster is so very expensive here so this looks extremely decadent to me! I would love to be there for a lobster roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These pics were taken a couple years ago, Marg. It's always cheaper at the source. One summer we paid 3.99!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. If you like lobster! My husband loves it I don't eat it!

      Delete
  5. Yum! I have a dream of visiting Maine someday. Until then, I enjoy visiting via books, movies, and photos. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, there is no place like it! You HAVE to go!

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a great and delicious time.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so enjoy watching him enjoy his lobster, Elizabeth!

      Delete
  7. Lobster!!! One of my favourites, I had a great lobster roll this week in Toronto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I love Maine, Jackie, you'd think I would eat seafood!

      Delete
  8. I've always wanted to try lobster rolls. We have Maine lobsters imported in here in Florida at my local seafood shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love lobster - those lobster rolls sound just fab! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't cook lobster but when we're in Maine our mission seems to be to eat as many lobster rolls as possible! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only time Hubby gets it too Beth!

      Delete
  11. Fun pictures! I made lobster in a cooking class once but still haven't tried it on my own.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate watching him cook it, Joy. I usually go outside.

      Delete
  12. yummy! lobsters! and I'm going to have to try that recipe ~ I love seafood recipes that don't have tons of ingredients and you can actually taste the lobster. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. $4.99lb - unbelievable. I do love Maine for more reasons than lobster:) great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Diane! Got it for $3.99 once too. He ate 6 in Maine and brought some home!

      Delete
  14. At first I was wondering about cooking shirtless, then I realized it was for the shirtless eating and not getting butter on ones shirt. Smart. I'd love to try lobster rolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically he lives in his bathing suit on the lake Heather!

      Delete
  15. That salad, I'll bet, is just delicious. I've never tasted lobster. I do love crabs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you like crab you'll like lobster!

      Delete
  16. Oh don't those lobster look soooo good! Yum! My DH would dress the same too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...