'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Snapshots

Camping @ Greenbrier River Trail in West Virginia

My husband likes to ride bike on these long trails! He did the C&O Canal Towpath a few years ago. It runs from Cumberland MD. to Washington D.C. 185 miles long. Took him 4 days and 3 nights. This was a weekend trip and he just camped for the weekend and rode on the trail each day, but didn't 'do' the whole trail. Another day. Who knows maybe he can talk his wife into joining him:) Mmmm, probably not!

Our pop-up camper

camp right on the river! Who brought the s'mores?

He's as basic as you can get. Just a place to lay your head.

West Virginia
The Greenbrier River Trail, 78 mile long rail trail, traverses one of the most remote areas in the state and lies adjacent to the Monongahela National Forest, Seneca State Forest and Watoga State Park. A trip along the trail is truly a “Wild and Wonderful” experience. 

Check out Greenbrier River Trail HERE

Check out a short video of a father and son's trip on the trail HERE  It is beautiful scenery! Maybe he could talk me into next year?

You can see more Saturday Snapshots @ West Metro Mommy Reads!

15 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like fun, especially with a camper to spend the nights in. I've been longing for peace and quiet, which you don't get in Philadelphia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, it is nice to be in the woods and sleep there! I love the campfire at night and just watching it burn. Although I am a little spoiled now and don't really like the pop-up. No bathroom:(

      Delete
  2. You have such amazing scenery there - it looks spectacular. I'll bet trekking along the whole trail would be quite a challenge, but what an achievement. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/1SXA7W - still on my 'other' blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a great achievement, Christine, but I doubt I'll ever talk myself into doing it. Hubby will have to do this one on his own!

      Delete
  3. 185 miles? Now, that's impressive biking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I was very proud of him. I can't imagine being all alone at night in the absolute middle of no where! No cell service either.

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful and peaceful looking. Biking is good exercise - good for your hubby! Years ago we did a pop-up camper experience before we progressed to motor coach. Guess I'm not into the rustic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, he goes a lot by himself. I'm not into rustic anymore either! We went from tent to pull behind, to motor home, back to pull behind and then pop-up. I prefer the condo's we stay in most of the time!

      Delete
  5. Such a nice place...I don't like camping, though. :)

    Beautiful photos....they are so clear.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pop up camper. Really cool. Looks a very beautiful part of the world. Good for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginx. West Virginia is a beautiful place. Especially if you like mountains!

      Delete
  7. Such gorgeous scenery. I love the idea of doing something similar...but know that I never will :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never will either, Brona. I like to think of us riding together but it's not going to happen at this stage of the game:)

      Delete
  8. Oh, it's lovely on those trails...and what fun you must have. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...