'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Robert Barnard 1936-2013


I've just read over @ The Passing Tramp that mystery writer Robert Barnard passed away last Thursday at the age of 76. I just started reading his books and only have 2 under my belt but enjoyed them. I have several more on the shelf to read yet. Martin Edwards @ Do You Write Under Your Own Name? wrote a nice piece about him.


Have you read Barnard and which book was your favorite?





Peggy Ann

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know. I've only read one book by him which was Fete Fatale and I liked it a lot. Coincidently I have one of his on my library pile at the moment, Last Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked OUT OF THE BLACKOUT -- a neat thriller about family secrets, and also POLITICAL SUICIDE, which had some fun black humor. Sort of a YES, MINISTER with murder.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...