'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday's Muddle

A muddle is a miscellany, an unorganized mixture of various dissimilar items or elements.

Ever wonder how they pick which ads you see online? It's marketing data collected about us every day by many entities. Most businesses collect some data about you to support their marketing efforts. It can come from commercial brands gathering information on their clients. These practices are typically described in their privacy policy. Data can come from publicly available sources such as city or state records or census data, or it can come from companies like Acxiom who collect and aggregate it from surveys, registrations, purchases, postings, etc. For organizations to make relevant offers to you, they need data to identify products and services you might be interested in. Well, I saw on our local news the other night that you can go to Acxiom and see what data they have on you and 9 times out of 10 they have something wrong. You can edit the data so at least you will get the ads that might interest you. And you can pick and choose which data they can use to choose your ads. Your going to get them no matter what. Go HERE to check your data and edit it.

Why your never too old to read children's books
And then head over to the Children's Bookshelf at Project Gutenberg!

30 Facts about Moose 

Taste of fall, Cape Cod October Pie!

Easy Hanging Towel Tutorial

This weeks review that sent me off to buy the book. Actually I bought all 3 in the series and one more by this author!

For crocheters: photo tutorial of the russion joining method! You can change color yarns as many times as you wish without ugly bumps and weaving in!

Tweet of the week on his way to a music gig in Stornaway...

My sentiments exactly!

6 comments:

  1. I especially enjoyed the post on reading children's books. We have a collection of children's book from when my son was younger, and I have been meaning to read some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read many children's books Tracy. other than Anne of Green of Gables series. I know a lot of people do though. I'll have to give it more of a try!

      Delete
  2. I am muddling through your muddles right now...they are usually interesting bits and bobs that I like to tuck away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the towel pattern. I'm hoping to try that out for Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love this pattern Tami. It's so much cleaner looking then the one I've made in the past. It will make nice gifts!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...