'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, August 2, 2013

To Celebrate Herman Melville's Birthday!


Aug. 1, 1819 - Sept. 28, 1891
I know I'm a day late and a dollar short but here you go...

Free ebooks at Galleycat!

Take a Herman Melville Quiz! Did he become an American sex symbol?

Herman Melville Quotes

A short biography

A long biography

Melville's Obituary notices


Melville's Arrowhead Museum


The Life and Works of Herman Melville is a publication dedicated to disseminating information about Herman Melville on the Internet and the World Wide Web.




Peggy Ann


4 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I wouldn't do well on the quiz. :) But thanks for the ebook info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't do well either but I did love his book, Redburn. Have not read Moby Dick though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gals, I haven't read any Melville and I got a 50% on the quiz! you'd be surprised what you know just from general info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one quiz that scares me to death... just like Moby Dick!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...