'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, August 30, 2013

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril, VIII

I participated in this challenge a couple of years ago and thought I'd give it a try again this year as I seem to be reading more ghost stories than normal! It's lots of fun.It's a great time to share our favorite mysteries, detective stories, horror stories, dark fantasies, and everything in between. As you read or view you can go to the review site and link up your review.

There are several categories to choose from for this challenge including one for movies and/or TV shows. The only requirement is that it fits into one of these categories...

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.
Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above. That is what embodies the stories, written and visual, that we celebrate with the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event.

I am signing up for...
Read four books, any length, that you feel fit (the very broad definitions) of R.I.P. literature.





and...
Just watch suitably scary, eerie, mysterious gothic fare during this time of year. It may be something on the small screen or large. It might be a television show, like Dark Shadows or Midsomer Murders, or your favorite film.


Not sure what I'll be reading yet, it will be a surprise!


This challenge is sponsored by Carl over at Stainless Steel Droppings. Stop over HERE to view the rules and sign up!

Boo!
Peggy Ann

10 comments:

  1. Thrilled you decided to do the challenge, Peggy, and look forward to seeing what you read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got a decent older suspense under the belt this past weekend, Cath!

      Delete
  2. I read a lot of those kinds of books anyway! Can't wait to see what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either Kelly as I have no idea yet!

      Delete
  3. Great to have you back! Ghost stories are just so delicious, aren't they? I can't wait until it is chilly enough for us to use the fire pit outside as I love reading scary short stories to the family when we are out around the fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! Thanks for hosting this Carl!

      Delete
  4. I hope you have some great surprises in your reading future! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS for stopping by my blog earlier, Peggy Ann.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...