'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Camp Fire Girls and Radio Boys

There was a nice series of adventure books for girls way back.

The Camp Fire Girls Series


















Check out a complete list of the books and who authored them HERE
HERE is a list of books with some short synopsis' 
And HERE is a link to get free Camp Fire Girl ebooks to read for yourself!

I was a Camp Fire Girl when I was little!



 Mind you, just long enough to get the uniform!
HERE is a nice site about vintage kid's organizations










For the boys there was a series called Radio Boys



















Read all about this series HERE
and get yourself a few to read HERE

Peggy Ann

5 comments:

  1. Love these old books! Maybe it's just that I want to recapture my wonderful childhood, but I love reading these books. I try to read at least one Nancy Drew from my collection every year, the old ones, not the re-writes, which, I think, have lost their charm.

    I haven't read any of the Camp Fire Girls books, although I know of them. I think I have at least one of the Radio Boys books, still packed away from our last move. I bought my husband a lot of the Hardy Boys books, but I read them, too!

    Hope you're having a fun, relaxed, and old-fashioned vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a real nice time, Joan. We've been 'mining' for Petoskey stones and finding some nice ones!

      Delete
  2. Great post...why weren't you a Brownie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was that too, Patty! How about you?

      Delete
  3. I would probably prefer the Radio Boys. I always liked the Hardy Boys better than Nancy Drew!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...