'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Six in Six


Found this fun meme @ The Book Jotter! Six books in six months, choose from the Jotter's or makeup your own list of 6 books/authors in the last six months.

  • Six Books that drew me back in time
  1. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
  2. The Devil's Ribbon by D.E. Meredith
  3. A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch
  4. Letters From Skye by Jessica Brockmole
  5. The Otherside of the Bridge by Mary Lawson
  6. Cordelia Underwood:Or the Marvelous Beginnings of the Moosepath League by Van Reid
  • Six new authors to me
  1. Van Reid
  2. Linda Gilliard
  3. Patrick McGinley
  4. Wendy Webb
  5. Theodore Goodridge Roberts
  6. Jack Deighton
  • Six books I enjoyed the most
  1. The Otherside of the Bridge by Mary Lawson
  2. Cordelia Underwood:Or the Marvelous Beginnings of the Moosepath League by Van Reid
  3. Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley
  4. The Visit by Beverly Cochran
  5. A Proper Place by O. Douglas
  6. Book of Souls by James Oswald
  • Six authors I know will never disappoint
  1. James Oswald
  2. O. Douglas
  3. Susanna Kearsley
  4. Elisabeth Ogilvie
  5. Sheila Pim
  6. Agatha Christie
  • Six new authors I've come across last 6 months I am looking forward to reading in the next six months
  1. Kate Grenville
  2. Dorothy Bowers
  3. Ruth Moore
  4. Barbara Comyns
  5. Elizabeth Speller
  6. Maggie O'Farrell
How about you? Want to join in?

Peggy Ann

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in.

    Reading your choices. I realise must get round to reading the Maggie O'Farrell novels on my shelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have drastically different tastes in reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Letters from Skye, it sounds like the type of book I'd love. Also need to read Maggie O'Farrell... The Hand That First Held Mine is on my tbr pile.

    This is a great meme!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...