'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday's Muddle


Came across a promising mystery series...
The Golden Retriever Mysteries by Neil Plakcy.
There are 4 in the series so far.
'The last thing he needs in his life is a shaggy, bossy golden retriever. But when his next-door neighbor, Caroline Kelly, is murdered, Steve becomes her dog's temporary guardian. Rochester seems determined to solve the mystery of Caroline's death, digging up clues and pushing Steve to investigate. As they nose through Caroline's past, her friends and her career searching for motives, the bond between man and dog grows.'
Check them out HERE

Summertime sometimes means Ants! Natural remedies here.

Our four-legged friends need a cooling summer treat too. Homemade Icy Paws Frozen Treat

I don't know about you but I sure can 'butcher' up a chicken trying to cut it into pieces here's a nice how to for those of us that are knife challenged!

I've recently started taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar a day and I think I do see a difference in my digestion. Here's a list of all the amazing things its good for!

Chicken Tagine Recipe

False Margaret. An interesting piece of history.

Thomas at My Porch has just had a book published. It was for the government on the history of St. Elizabeth Mental Hospital. Our countries first government run mental hospital. Looks really interesting and lots of old pictures included. I am looking forward to reading it. It is also online in PDF form to read, so here you go! Start reading!

A review that makes me want to read the book!


Hope you find something interesting in this weeks muddle!
Make a great week!
Peggy Ann


13 comments:

  1. I do love your Monday Muddle posts, Peggy. And thank you so much for linking to my review of Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter. You've made my day. :-)

    I just checked out the Golden Retriever mysteries and they do sound good. He's also written a series about a gay detective in Hawaii which sound as though they might be quite interesting. Might do for Hawaii for my US states challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Cath I love your reviews! How many states do you still have to do?

      Delete
    2. Loads, Peggy. I think I've probably only covered about 20, plus read several multi-state books where people have travelled all around. Plus some states I have several books for, Maine, Alaska etc. and others none at all. I'm not a very methodical person but I *am* enjoying doing this very much and plan to take years over it. Oddly, even though I've been to Pennsylvania 3 times, I've not read anything for it and have no ideas. Have you any recommendations?

      Delete
    3. Found this site very helpful for finding books set in specific places... http://www.bookssetin.com/BookSearch.aspx Appears Lisa Scottoline sets her books in Philadelphia. Also Beverly Lewis writes series set in Lancaster County,Amish stories. Julie by Catherine Marshall is one of my favorites (and its story revolves around actual happenings)Here's a list from Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/places/1468-pennsylvania and here is a list of titles set in Pittsburgh! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fiction_set_in_Pittsburgh and one more novels set in Pennsylvania http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Novels_set_in_Pennsylvania Good luck!

      Delete
    4. One more good one! http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/ae/books/25-novels-use-western-pennsylvania-as-a-setting-in-2009-226895/

      Delete
    5. Can't help myself! here are 2 more and thats it really!
      http://www.sldirectory.com/libsf/booksf/mystery/phillydead.html
      http://www.cozy-mystery.com/blog/mystery-books-that-take-place-in-pennsylvania.html

      Delete
    6. Thank you so much, Penny! I'll spend some time tomorrow investigating some of these sites and let you know how I get on.

      Delete
  2. My mother always used to rinse her hair with vinegar. It's a great de-tangler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used it for clarifying my hair too Joan, we have terrible well water and it wrecks havoc on my hair! Mom always put it on my sunburn when I was a kid and I would complain about the smell.

      Delete
  3. Love all of this random information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy, there are some interesting links here. I always enjoy your Monday Muddles. My husband may be interested in the book about the insane asylum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started it today Tracy and it is very interesting.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...