'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, June 7, 2013

R Austin Freeman's Forensic Investigator Thorndyke



6 - 15 minute episodes
 
Availability:
Episode 1- 3 days left to listen
A Mysterious Visitor
The detective and his former student Jardine investigate the mystery of a man found dead in a beach hut. 
 
Episode 2 - 4 days left to listen
The Puzzle Lock
The detective tackles a mysterious problem, a strong-room lock with a fatal combination.
 
Episode 3 - 5 days left to listen
A Mystery of the Sand Hills
The detective investigates the case of a missing swimmer, and discovers a gruesome crime.

Episode 4 - 6 days left to listen
Pathologist to the Rescue
A young man is accused of murder, but the crime scene compels the detective to look deeper

Episode 5 - 7 days left to listen
The Secret of the Urn
A death piques the detective's curiousity, but is it murder, or something much stranger?
 
Episode 6 - Monday 1:30 & 8:30 a.m. EST   6:30 & 13:30 UK
Pandora's Box
When a salesman's box reveals a secret, the detective must prove him innocent of murder.
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the Thorndyke series. I just listened to and enjoyed the first episode. I have a book of the short stories on my one of my TBR stacks but haven't read any for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome Joan! They are delicious aren't they! and only 15 minutes out of our time.

      Delete
  2. I listened to Toby Stephens as Philip Marlowe two years ago. I'm definitely going to check out these Dr. Thorndyke episodes. Thanks for the info and the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome John! I get the newsletter from BBC Radio so I don't miss anything!

      Delete
  3. This sounds better than listening to books on tape!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...