'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, May 24, 2013

Two Week Slaw



It's getting picnic time! Here's a great coleslaw recipe that just gets better with age!

Two Week Slaw

2 1/2 lbs. shredded cabage
onions thinly sliced about 2 medium (vidalia if available)
7/8 c. sugar
Alternate layers of onion and cabbage top with sugar

dressing:

1 c. vinegar
3/4 c. oil
2 tbs. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. celery seed

Whisk together dressing in a med. saucepan bring to a boil.
Pour over cabbage and let stand 4-6 hrs.

Here's a hint for No More Watery Coleslaw!

4 comments:

  1. Peggy, this sounds delicious and not too sweet. Does it really last two weeks? I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd eat it after 2 weeks, Tracy! The lady that gave me the recipe called it that and said because it gets better with age. And it does. It is very good if you prefer slaw without a mayo dressing. I love it. Do the hint thing for no watery slaw and it last longer.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Should I be afraid of it? Just a little?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Only that you won't be able to get enough of it, Patty!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...