'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday's Muddle


A muddle is a miscellany, an unorganized mixture of various dissimilar items or elements.

Hello Monday!

In honor of Katharine Hepburn's recent birthday, May 12, 1907 (she would have been 106!) here is her family recipe for brownies! And a quote by her...

'If you obey all of the rules, you miss all of the fun.'
                                              ~Katharine Hepburn

Words of wisdom!


A new book I came across on Twitter this week that looks scrumptious!

A couple pics of F. Scott Fitzgerald I wager you never saw before! In drag!

A recipe for homemade ice cream in a baggie! Saw this on Facebook have not made yet!

2 Tablespoon sugar                                            

1 cup half & half (or light cream)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coarse salt or table salt (I used canning salt)
ice
gallon-sized Ziploc bag
pint-sized Ziploc bag
 

Mix the sugar, half & half and vanilla extract together. Pour into a pint-sized Ziploc baggie. Make sure it seals tightly.

Now take the gallon-sized Ziploc bag and fill it up halfway with ice and pour the salt over the ice. Now place the cream filled bag into the ice filled bag and seal.

Make sure it is sealed tightly and start shaking. Shake for about 5 minutes (or 8 minutes if you use heavy cream.)

Open the gallon-sized bag and check to see if the ice cream is hard, if not keep shaking. Once the ice cream is finished, quickly run the closed pint-sized baggie under cold water to quickly clean the salt off the baggie.

Open the baggie and pop in a spoon.


Want to make a website think your in another country so you can access their contents? Yes, it's legal! Check out Tunnelbear! I got it! Now I can watch TV in the UK!

Just painted my bedroom this week...
New curtains are on their way! It was dark blue, this is much easier on the eyes!

Something fun to do with the kids or grandkids!

This gave me the hardest laugh I think I've ever had! Be careful you might wet you pants!

A piece of art I came across this week that I liked...
Window, 1896, Maria Yakunchikova. Russian (1870 - 1902)


Make a great week and eat a brownie with ice cream for me!

Peggy Ann

Late addition! Just saw this on the news! Awesome ice wave in Minnesota!
40 mph winds and melting ice made this possible!

7 comments:

  1. I have made that ice cream...good but not Haagen Daz!

    You newly painted bedroom looks lovely...why don't I see a stack of books? Lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book shelves are in the spare bedroom, Patty! But I am getting one for this room soon as the others are double stacked! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, that brownie recipe looks like heaven. Why have I never seen it before? Thanks for the link to the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bedroom color is similar to our living room - very nice Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. The new curtains came yesterday and I got them right up. Makes the room! Now to get the bookshelf in there. It is a nice color, easy on your eyes but not bland and so many colors can go with it if I decide to change.

      Delete
  4. Aren't those brownies the best? They have been my "gourmet" brownie recipe for years. For the kids I just make a big batch of cocoa powder brownies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making my first batch today, Janel! Licking my fingers thinking about it!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...