'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday's Muddle


A muddle is a miscellany, an unorganized mixture of various dissimilar items or elements.


Amazing! Shrek the sheep with a 59.52 lb. (72kg) fleece! Hadn't been shorn in 6 years! Here he is getting it cut off!


A great site full of forensics info for writers and readers alike!

Virgina Woolf's voice. The only surviving recording of her voice. She is reading an essay about the art of writing. It was included in The Death of a Moth and Other Essays in 1942

Ten Digital Commandments

Rare photos of famous authors 

The Farmer is a crime writer! The first of the Inspector McLean books, Natural Causes, hits the stores in print on May 9th. Only in the UK for now. He's working on the publication in the US. Book of Souls and a third in the series is due out by next spring. Watch this great video that gives you an insight into a day in the life of a farmer and writer! And buy his books!

Book Page Dress Origami Ornament a perfect gift for a book lover!

For vintage mystery fans everywhere...here's one I have to find! A great review! Keep your eyes open at the charity shops for me K!

Make a great week!
Peggy Ann

7 comments:

  1. Is that a new photo of you or did I just notice it? Either way, it's a lovely photo of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did just put it up, Joan, but it was actually taken in 2011. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Just bought Natural Causes for my Kindle! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And after reading the first bit, I quit. Too graphic for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't give up on it, Nan! That intro is all that is so graphic. I don't like that kind of writing either but I kept going and was glad I did. It sets the scene for the series of murders that come. It's just that first bit. Author told me he's sorry but he felt it was necessary the rest of it isn't like that and the next book in the series has none like that. I like gentle no foul language or sex books but I do like these books and am looking forward to the third one.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...