'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Library Book Sale Acquisitions


Bi-Annual Friends of the Library book sale was last weekend. I wasn't going to go...

New for my shelves:
Dracula by Bram Stoker   can't believe I have never read this!
Anatomy of a Murder by Robert Traver
Silence in Hanover Close by Anne Perry
Starting Over by Robin Pilcher   I liked his mom's books and it's set in Scotland
One More Time by Carol Burnett   The memoir of the great comedienne!
The Doctor's Wife by Elizabeth Brundage
Miss Melville Returns by Evelyn E. Smith
The House of Stairs By Barbara Vine
Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
Marie Antoinette by Antonia Fraser
The Murderer's Daughter by Randy Susan Meyers
Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas
Resolution and Back Story both by Robert B. Parker  audio books
Tarot's Tower by Jennie Melville
and for kids:
The Children's Book of Virtues by William J. Bennett
Jim Frog by Russell Hoban
The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley
Cassie Bineager by Patricia MacLachlan   author of Sarah Plain and Tall!
The Barn Burner by Patricia Willis
All for $5!

From Mom's laundry room:
Breaking Free by Beth Moore
Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper

Ordered today on Amazon:
Mr. Briggs' Hat: A Sensational Account of Britain's First Railway Murder by Kate Colquhoun

Of course I could never keep up with telling you the free ebooks I'm always downloading. Maybe one day I will post all the Kindle ones and you can borrow them from me if you have a Kindle too!

Peggy Ann

9 comments:

  1. Just look at all of these great books for very little $$$. enjoy them all - Prayers for Sale was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! Looking forward to reading it.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful haul. Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summer will be filled with good books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That should keep you pleasantly busy for a while! Doesn't it feel great to come home with a bag or two of books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too good, Joan! I can't stop and can't possibly read them all! HELP!

      Delete
  5. Aren't library sales the best? I used to try to stop buying when I couldn't carry any more...then I started taking my kids with me so they could carry some too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...