'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Passing of a Dear Friend




Don Kabler 1932-2013

My sweet, kind, loving, vintage friend passed away on Monday. Don turned 81 in February. We've been fantastic friends for 20 plus years and I cherish every moment spent with him. He taught me so many things over the years and gave me so much joy. He died of a heart attack. He had a quadruple bypass 24 years ago and was told a few years ago he needed another one, but opted not to. He lived fully right up until the end. I love him dearly and will miss him desperately.

Tell the people you love everyday that you love them!

Peggy Ann

6 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy,

    I am so sorry for your loss, however your world is obviously a better place for having known Don.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of your dear friend Peggy. Hugs - life is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy, I'm sure that you enriched Don's life too. I bet you have lots of great memories to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Katrina, we had great times together. Lots of great memories. He was a civil war buff and taught me so much about that. We picked blueberries every summer together. I'm so thankful I told him I loved him last time he was here!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...