'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pasta al Forno con Pomodri e Mozzarella


A wonderful recipe from the book: Jamie Oliver, Jamie's Italy



Jamie making this dish (a pic from the book)

lots of stringy thick mozzarella!













Delicious!  A big hit at my house, maybe yours too?

a video on Jamie's trip to Italy to do this cookbook!



Purchase links for Jamie's book:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
The Book Depository 

This post is linked to Weekend Cooking @Beth Fish Reads! Stop over and see what everyone's cooking!

Happy eating!

21 comments:

  1. The recipe looks so simple and good. The video was really interesting -- I've always liked Jamie as a person and what he has tried to do to make people aware of eating healthier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like him too, Beth. There are more videos in this series about his trip to Italy if you view in YouTube.

      Delete
  2. Sounds easy and delicious. What is not to like when it is made with pasta, tomato sauce and plenty of mozzarella?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so good! good ingredients make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...that is making me want pasta now...and I have one more week without a kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but how nice it will be when it's done, Patty!

      Delete
  5. P.S. I came by from Weekend Cooking and now have added two books to my TBR list, The Awakening and My Father's House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found something you like, Jackie!

      Delete
  6. I'm trying to get my husband to commit to Meatless Mondays; this recipe looks like a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is a meat eater too, Diane. He did have to admit he liked this even after he complained about the cheese being too stringy!

      Delete
  7. Oh how delicious! I bet The Child would eat this, too. I'm pinning it - thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a food crush on Jamie and would love to spend some time talking food with him. I think he has the right idea and wish he could truly change our school lunch program. Thanks for the fun video. I know my family would love this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised at how much flack he got from the people on that show!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a lovely, simple dish. I wish Jamie's tv show was still on. I loved watching him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is wonderful, Janel! His cookbooks are so fresh and lovely too.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...