'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday's Muddle


A muddle is a miscellany, an unorganized mixture of various dissimilar items or elements.
 
1934 Vintage recipe for Rainbow Foam! I'll be whipping some up for the grans this summer.

Very interesting site... Old Bailey Online - The Proceedings of the Old Bailey 1674-1913 London's Central Criminal Court. Lots of interesting things from long ago. A glimpse into life gone by. I came across this link via D.E. Meredith, author of Devour and Devil's Ribbon. She used it for research for Devil's Ribbon. I'm reading it right now.

Born this morning! 4-29-13
Want to maybe peek in on a lamb being born? Author James Oswald has installed a live lamcam in his lambing pens! I had the privilege to see 3 little lambs be born with my morning coffee the other day! One right after the other they came! James said 3 sets of twins and 2 singles came just then! James raises Highland cattle and Romney Sheep. (It works best in safari and chrome but I am watching it right now in mozilla and it is working okay.) Follow James on Twitter for lots of great pics of farm life! Not to mention he's funny!


This looks like a great idea for picnics this summer!


 


I found it on Pinterest but it doesn't go to a site, just a big pic of it. The website ehhd.org was all I could find on it.






Make your own homemade liquid soap! I'm going to try this.

A new detective drama is starting today on BBC Radio 4 Extra! Paul Temple and Steve, 8 episodes in all. Paul Temple books were written by Francis Durbridge  I'm listening to P.D. James Cover Her Face now.

Want to find book sales in your area? Here's a great resource for that! Only in the US and Canada.

Make a great week!
Peggy Ann

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...