'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Need a New Book Shelf!



My beautiful, wonderful, haul from the used bookstore, My Sister's Books, in Myrtle Beach! By the way, the store is owned by 2 sisters and it gets it name because one sister reads the books and the other one sells them! (They take donations too!)

The Gentlewoman's Choice  by George MacDonald
One of my favorite authors! Don't come across his very often. Victorian Novelist, Poet and Christian Fantasy (1824-1905) Scottish.

House of Shadows  by Evelyn Bond  1965
Set in Florida, gothic romance


Deadly Hall  by John Dickson Carr
Death Watch  by John Dickson Carr
Deadman's Knock  by John Dickson Carr
Can never go wrong with Carr!

Mrs. Mallory and the Delay of Execution  by Hazel Holt
She has been on my authors to look for list a long time!

The Crimson Patch  by Phoebe Atwood Taylor
Yea! An Asey Mayo Mystery, been wanting to read one for a long time!

Grave Matters  by Margaret Yorke   1973
A Patrick Grant Mystery this one is new to me. A British mystery

Wolf in Man's Clothing  by Mignon G. Eberhart  1942
Another one on my long list to look for!

Paul Temple and the Margo Mystery  by Francis Durbridge  1986
England's most debonair private detective. I just finished listening to Paul Temple mysteries on the BBC radio! 

Slight Mourning  by Catherine Aird   1976
Classic British mystery

Bones of Contention  by Edward Candy  1983
Never heard of this author. Candy is the pseudonym for Dr. Barbara Alison Boodson Neville. Looking forward to this mystery!

Frog in the Throat  by E.X. Ferrars
Elizabeth Ferrars, known in the US as E.X. for some reason.

The Wrong Way Down  by Elizabeth Daly  1946
Henry Gamadge mysteries and hard to come by. I've read one from the library and loved it. I won one in the Vintage Mystery Challenge last year over at Bev's My Readers Block.

Death is No Sportsman  by Cyril Hare 1938
I've been wanting to read one of his books since coming across a review on a blog!

Corpse in a Gilded Cage  by Robert Barnard  1984
The Masters of the House  by Robert Barnard  1994

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox  by Maggie O'Farrell
Saw a review last year for this and thought I would like it. On the cover it says in the style of Kate Chopin.

By Mollie Hardwick...
Malice Domestic  
Parson's Pleasure
Uneaseful Death
Perish in July
Author of the Upstairs Downstairs, Duchess of Duke Street and 
Thomas and Sarah books (all of which were made into success BBC series). She also wrote mysteries! These are from a series featuring antique dealer, Doran Fairweather

8 Weeks to Optimum Health  by Andrew Weil, M.D.
This one is for the hubby! I want him around awhile:)

5 comments:

  1. You might need more than one bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great haul. I have some of those vintage books but a lot I don't have yet. I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous, especially over the Dickson Carrs, Eberhart and Ferrars, and George MacDonald of course. I hope Dave pays attention to his book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting group of books! Hope you enjoy them all. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...