'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday's Muddle


A muddle is a miscellany, an unorganized mixture of various dissimilar items or elements.
 
Interesting Bookstores

Rupert Croft-Cooke aka Leo Bruce, classic English mystery writer (31 novels between 1936-1974)

Free Printable Bookmarks

400 plus year old Gold Coins found under a pub in Ireland 

Contemporary Irish Author's you should be reading

Why was 'Catcher in the Rye' banned? 

Scotland's Secret Book Sculptor
More from the Book Sculptor...
make sure and check out both links you'll be glad you did!

Hope you found something in the muddle you liked!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Peggy, a very interesting mixture. I love that art nouveau bookshop in Portugal. That cat is terrifying! I only have one Rupert Croft-Cooke book and I haven't read it yet, I didn't realise he wrote under another name. I'm amazed that the Australians banned 'Catcher'.
    Thanks, I've learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were in a book store in North Carolina once that had 2 of those cats in the shop. I spent a lot of time talking to the owner about them and petting them. They feel really velvety and are very expensive. Very strange looking though. You want to say, go put some clothes on!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...