'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday's Muddle


 Smartest dog breeds

Were women empowered by the bicycle?

Don't know what to do with that old leaky garden hose? I do!

"Secondhand books are wild books, homeless books; they have come together in vast flocks of variegated feather, and have a charm which the domesticated volumes of the library lack."       ~Virginia Woolf (1882-1941)

In 1978, Soviet geologists prospecting in the wilds of Siberia discovered a family of six, lost in the taiga

Daniel Defoe's novel about London's 1665 plague can help us understand new media. No, really.

A digital copy of this novel, 'A Journal of the Plague Year, written by a citizen who continued all the while' is available for free here

YOU HAVE NEVER READ A NOVEL WITH A MORE SHATTERING CLIMAX THAN THE VICTORIAN ALBUM    Great review of a book I want to read!


Picture of the week...
"Undercover Readers” by Les Bryant 2009


 blog signature

2 comments:

  1. I love all these dogs and agree that they're all brilliant. The dogs I've owned, an Afghan Hound and three Irish Wolfhounds, often show up on lists of the less intelligent dogs. I contend, however, that these dogs are smart but just aren't interested in doing what someone else tells them to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! They are a more laid back breeds too, aren't they?

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...