'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday's Muddle


Spend the night in a 1940's Grain Silo!

Francis Bacon on Friendship 

The new phenomenon, 'Little Free Libraries'
Very interesting! Be sure to check out this world map of where every library is!

The secret to cooking great beans! 

Are you a bird lover? I found this bird to be quite lovely and that it is on the decline in the UK


A little clarification...


I think we have forgotten we are a Republic here in America.

Last minute addition...

Katrina over @Pining for the West posted this link on her blog today for Pride and Prejudice lovers -
Pride and Prejudice at 200: looking afresh at Austen's classic




blog signature

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention Peggy.
    I have some song thrushes in my garden, they look lovely, their songs are beautiful and they eat the snails which eat my plants but sadly a cat ate one of the thrushes last year, I found a pile of feathers. I suspect that that is why so many birds are disappearing. Cats should have nosiy bells on their collars so they can't creep up on birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if we have song thrushes here. I have never seen one. To bad you can't send that little kitty over to visit the swan!

      Delete
  2. Not sure about the grain silo but I love the cooking bean tips...I usually cook mine in the slow cooker...all day long...so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...