'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Day After Christmas



This is what it is doing at my house...










There is ice under it and coming down with it. You can hear it hitting the house every now and then.







So this is where I will be spending my day...
















With this...



(Shh...there is a wee bit of whiskey in it to keep me warm!)



















And this...




"But this Sunday, winter gave advance notice with a grey dreich-damp cold shroud, covering the town and mountains, spiced up by a steady nor'easter lay straight off the North Sea that sent even the seagulls inland. It seemed a fitting day to end in death."  chapter 1 pg. 2









And this...















So there's my day. What does your day after look like?


Peggy Ann

7 comments:

  1. We are getting that same weather! I am on the sofa under a throw...with tea, Kindle and IPad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My trusty iPad is right next to me too Patty! I think it is actually one of my appendages now:) I was just out shoveling the walk and it is raining pure ice now. It was stinging my face! Back to the couch for me!

      Delete
  2. Hi Peggy, dropped in to see what you were doing after all the festivities. Your day sounds wonderful. That book looks mighty interesting. I've got stuff waiting for me at the library, but we had more snow last night (and ice) so I'm going to wait a few days before I venture forth. :)

    It's nice to have quiet time after all the holiday frenzy.

    I also want to wish you and your family the Happiest of New Years. Lots of fine reading ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. LOVE your header. Are those your cattle??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Yvette, they are not mine. I wish! Just pics I've seen of Highland Cattle on Facebook. I love cows and these guys are just the cutest. Thanks for dropping by! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. That looks like the perfect way to spend a day, apart from shovelling snow! That scarf is fairly coming on! I love that helter skelter painted lighthouse, I've never seen one like that in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cape Hatteras light, Katrina. Each light has a distinct pattern so the ships knew where they were. Is it not like that in the UK? I did shovel snow too. Wow was it heavy wet snow! Fairly killed me!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...