'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Thursday, November 1, 2012

New, Old Books

Friends of the Library had our bi-annual sale this last weekend. I worked at it Thursday and Saturday. It's always a lot of fun. Got a few books for myself.

Button Holed by Kylie Logan
A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
Deadlock by Sara Paretsky
A Sprig of Sea Lavender by J.R.L. Anderson
Doctored Evidence by Donna Leon
Suffer the Little Children by Donna Leon
The Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri
Murderer's Choice by Anna Mary Wells
The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

And a few children's books for the Grandkids

A Dog Called Kitty by Bill Wallace
Dog by Daniel Pennac
Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators in..
The Mystery of Monster Mountain and The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon

I had never heard of these Alfred Hitchcock books for kids. They are similar to the Hardy Boys Books. They are in beautiful shape but the spine is pulled away from the cover on both books. Glue dried out. The library has glue to fix this so I am going to stop in and ask Heather to let me use it on them.

You've never heard of the Three Investigator's either?
Well check them out here...

4 comments:

  1. I love those book sales, but try not to be too impulsive these days --enjoy

    I LOVE your header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. I have no self control when it comes to books!

      Delete
  2. Books and self control just don't go together. :) Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great reads. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...