'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Sunday, October 7, 2012

'Still Life' is Coming to Film Life!

Louise Penny's novel Still Life, the first in the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache series, is coming to the screen! The TV Screen that is. The CBC Canadian Broadcasting Corporation has chosen it as one of only 3 films they are going to produce this year!

Stanbridge East, in Quebec's Eastern Townships is standing in for Three Pines and the actor playing Gamache is.....


Nathanial Parker!

You can follow on the progress of the film at Louise's facebook page here or her website here. And here is a list of all the actors and who they portray in the movie!

Well I'm off to the library now to get 'Still Life' and get it read before the movie! Of course here in the US, I'm not sure how long until it will be available for us to see:(

blog signature

7 comments:

  1. I'm really quite shocked that they chose an English actor to play Gamache. He was wonderful as Inspector Lynley though, so I don't doubt he can do it. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love nathanial too, but I know what you mean. Lee Childs novels feature Jack Reacher. Character described as over 6 ft. Tall and broad and the first movie is due out soon and Tom Cruise is playing him. He is NOT Jack Reacher!

      Delete
    2. I don't read the Jack Reacher books but my husband does and he thinks having Tom Cruise play him is ludicrous.

      I think perhaps Nan has a point in that I would have expected them to choose a Quebec Canadian to play Gamache. And, although I'm not that bothered by what they've done, I could understand the Canadians being *very* bothered. I will still watch it though if I get the opportunity.

      Delete
  2. I'm the only person I know who isn't wild for these books. Am so surprised they didn't choose a proper Quebec Canadian to play the part. I don't think I would have allowed it, if I were her. But she didn't ask me. :<)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Still Life, and was not that impressed. But the series is so popular, I am definitely going to try more of them. I am sure the movie would be good, but I can sympathize with the complaint about the choice of actor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy and Nan, I have not read any of these books yet! I see they are so popular on the blogs though. I have Still Life on hold at the library and we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope we get to see the movie. I love the series, although I don't think Still Life is the best of the bunch. It is nice to read them in order though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...