'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, August 25, 2012

Chicken with Lemon and Mushrooms



Chicken with Lemon and Mushrooms
serves 4

2 tbsp butter
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut across into 8  1-inch wide strips
2 garlic cloves, crushed
8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt, black pepper
1 lb. dried pasta 
additional 2 tbsp butter to toss

Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and cook, stirring frequently, until opaque, 4 minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms, and thyme. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are soft and chicken is cooked through, 4 minutes. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water, until firm to the bite. Drain. Add pasta to hot sauce with 2 tbsp additional butter. Toss well to coat. 
Serve immediately.

Which Pasta?
Medium to large ribbons - fettuccine, tagliatelle, pappardelle

Think Ahead
Make sauce up to 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat gently, adding 2 tbsp water.

from the cookbook: Pasta by Eric Treuille & Anna Del Conte           150 recipes      isbn:9780756618902
Buy this book   at an Indie    at Powell's Books    at Abesbooks     at Amazon  

 
 
 
 
This post is linked to Weekend Cooking over at Beth Fish Reads. Stop over and see what everyone else is cooking this week! 

12 comments:

  1. Yum. I think I have all those ingredients right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love chicken and this sounds really good. I'm pinning it so I can try it.
    Here is my recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely scrumptious combination - pure comfort meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but perfect :) Great idea to pair with cremini mushrooms and not the mostly bland button mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum, chicken and mushrooms. I'd go with the medium egg noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds gorgeous, and so quick and easy. I had to look up cremini mushroom but it's just the kind which I normally use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chicken and lemon - great and you add mushrooms too - super. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'm not a big fan of mushrooms, but the simplicity of the dish really appeals to me. Maybe I could make a substitution?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a great weekday dinner. Yummmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My adaptation will be to substitute olive oil for butter and skip the pasta. Chop the chicken and toss the mixture over salad greens for a diet dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delicious (and simple!) dish - I shall have to make it. I just need to go get some fresh lemons... and then I'm set. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always looking for quick, easy chicken dishes and this one hits all my favorite flavor profiles- thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...