'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Wednesday, July 18, 2012



This morning I climbed Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. 257 steps. Tallest light in North America. Absolutely gorgeous! Tonight I am in bed with a high fever, aches and sore throat:(, a gift from the grandkids before they go home! Hopefully I will have some interesting post for you when I get home. Lots of history here. Kids virus only lasted a day hope I am better tomorrow!
Peggy Ann

Location:Sailfish Point,Manteo,United States

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful lighthouse! I can't believe you walked to the top!

    I hope you're feeling better today. Summer illnesses always seem more depressing than winter illnesses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan, I am feeling better this morning. Just a little sore throat still. Fever gone. This light is amazing and I can't believe my 4 yr. old grandson climbed to the top and did not whine once! He was the most excited of us all to do it.

      Delete
  2. Been missing your mystery reviews... but I knew you were off having fun. What a lovely lighthouse, I could never do the stairs. Good to see that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. Reading will be my priority when I get home. Have to get caught up now that the kids will be gone.

      Delete
  3. Poor you Peggy, I can't imagine how awful it must be to have a fever in your terrible heat. I hope you're back to normal soon. What a fab lighthouse, I love them anyway but the stripes like a barber's pole are great. Good for the 'little man'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Katrina it has been so hot here! 95 - 98 degrees. It's 80 degrees when I get up at dawn! No relief. At least there is a breeze from the ocean always but it's a very hot breeze!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on making it up those stairs! What a workout.

    Sorry to hear about the "gift" from the kids. Hope you're back on your feet soon.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...