'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wonder Books-Used Book Store Finds!

A recent trip to a used book store in Hagerstown, Maryland was a lot of fun and I found a few good books. I was looking for Carter Dickson books specifically, but they didn't have any at this branch. There is another store in Frederick Maryland, but we didn't get over there. You can order online too HERE is the link to the site.

Josephine Tey:
A Shilling for Candles
The Singing Sands
The Man in the Queue

Mary Roberts Rinehart:
Episode of the Wandering Knife

Edmund Crispin:
The Moving Toyshop
The Glimpses of the Moon

John Dickson Carr:
The Four False Weapons

6 comments:

  1. It seems strange to have a used book store in a modern building. Ours are always in quirky old places. I enjoyed Tey's The Man in the Queue. That was a good haul, I really must get a hold of some Edmund Crispin books, I'm sure Joan just bought some too but I haven't read any yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is something I'm looking forward to in coming to Scotland, the quirky old bookstores, Katrina! Although getting the books home may be a problem, I might just have to stay:) I haven't read Crispin before either. Looking forward to it.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun place! I have a favorite used-book store in Manhattan - where our daughter is in school - but I don't get there often enough.

    Good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peggy,

    I can't believe that this is a used book store, this is much larger than many of our UK new book stores. We do have one or two exceptions, but on the whole, most of our second hand books are found in the myriad different charity shops, which pepper all of our high streets.

    As I volunteer in a charity shop and am responsible for the books, toys, music and games, and hobbies, I get the terrible job of sorting through and pricing the books which we have donated (awful job, but somebody has to do it!)LOL !!

    I really do have to remain focused and blinkered, or I would be spending more per day on books, than I was actually making !!

    I love the job needless to say

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Old Book Stores. In India, there are usually pavement dwellers selling old books. Crispin's The Moving Toyshop is fun esp for some irreverent comments.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...