'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Friday, April 27, 2012

Handbuilt Pottery


This is the little dipping bowl The Traveller bought me while in Canaan Valley W.VA. It is 'handbuilt' stoneware pottery. Molded by hand not on a wheel. I love the acorns and oak leaves. I think they are my favorite trees and leaves, they are very tenacious and stand their ground being the last of the leaves to fall, sometimes hanging all winter.

Anna Brown is the potter and she has a studio at her home in Morgantown, W.V. She has lovely gardens to tour and herbs to buy. She places the plants in the clay and gets an imprint and then colors the design. I have not been to her studio yet but it is only about an hour and 3/4 from my house so it is on the books for a day trip. I want to get something with Queen Anne's Lace on it! 



Here is a link to an article about Anna's pottery. She does not have a website:(  

Brown's Creations in Clay, Inc.
343 Bull Run Road
Morgantown, WV 26508
304-296-6656
email: annalee50@comcast.net
Monday thru Friday 9-6
Saturday 1-6
Most Sundays

1 comment:

  1. What a great woman, I love your bowl and the Queen Anne's Lace. The wee leaf shaped dishes are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...