'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, February 4, 2012

Weekend Cooking

Post linked to Beth Fish Reads Weekend Cooking!


"...I like the book room so much better - library is too fine a name for my modest collection; I've been having my meals there - pigging it, rather, but it is so comfortable."
"Yes," Lady Jane said, "books are so companionable that they make a solitary meal seem like a pleasant party. I love eating in the library."
                                           from 'A Day of Small Things' by O. Douglas


Here's a quick 'cookie' treat. I have not tried this yet, it came in my email yesterday but I am on my way to the store to get the ingredients!  And let's eat in the library!

PMS Cookies

Ingredients:
1 box Ritz crackers
1 jar peanut butter   only use like a tsp. per cracker so won't use a whole jar
1 jar marshmallow cream  7oz.   ditto on the cream
1 box chocolate bark -  2.5 lb.

Directions:
1  Spread peanut butter, then marshmallow cream onto Ritz crackers.

2  Sandwich together.

3  Melt chocolate bark in microwave or double boiler

4  Dip sandwiched cookies into chocolate, covering both sides.

5  Place cookies on waxed paper and allow to harden. (If you put the paper on a cookie sheet and place it in the freezer for 5 minutes, the cookies harden up faster!)

6  Store in airtight container - Enjoy!!

(from Just a Pinch)                             

12 comments:

  1. PMS, LOL! They look perfect. I'll have three please!
    Great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look great and how simple to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name!! These would be fun to make with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I'll be making these. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! I love this!! And ritz crackers would make for a tangy complement to the sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quote you shared at the top. What a nice and easy treat you shared with us, I want some too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quote, too. I used to eat in the library all the time in grad school. Cerebral dining is the best. Thanks for the recipe :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I can buy marshmallow cream over here, but these sound lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are pretty! Sounds delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...