'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Teaser Tuesday!

Linked to Teaser Tuesday @Should Be Reading!


From 'The Case of the Constant Suicides' by John Dickson Carr 

'Look here, my lad. The old girl knows something. God's wounds! She's not daft; you saw that. But she knows something. and yet she keeps her lip buttoned, in spite of the fact that thirty-five thousand pounds in insurance may hang on it.'

What are you reading this week?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds really good. I'm going to have to look this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she has some incentive to keep quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very intriguing, thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome teaser...I used to read John Dickson Carr, but haven't for a while now...His stories are great!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    I have read three John Dickson Carr mysteries. They are good but all of them left me feeling a little empty. The conclusions just didn't satisfy me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very intriguing teaser. I thought it was a historical until I got to the insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting. I want to know more. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...