'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, January 2, 2012

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is on tour At Home With Books for the month of January. To find out more about the history of Mailbox Monday and a list of future hosts visit the Mailbox Monday site.




Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.
****
Only 2 books came into the house this week. One was a library book I have had on hold for a month and finally it was it my turn!

 'Killing Lincoln'
This was an excellently written book! I love history and Lincoln is one of my favorite people in history. Mr. O'Reilly did an excellent job of bringing this time in history to you in a story fashion rather than a history book. Lots of little facts I had never heard before, drama and suspense. I read it in 2 days! Review will be up a day or two!

Click on image to purchase



The second book was one I ordered from Alibris and came from the UK. Another O. Douglas book: 'The Day of Small Things'. This is a smaller sized book and in very good condition with beautiful dust jacket still intact. This was written in 1933 and I got a wonderful surprise when I opened the book... A first edition! That was not in the description of the book when I bought it.

such clean crisp pages!

1st. Edition!

 I wish I could show you what beautiful condition this book is in!

Although not a book I did find this cute Book of the Month Club clock in a junk store. It is all plastic and works great. I have it on my bookshelf of course!




What's in your mailbox?

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I want that clock!! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice mailbox, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/mailbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about the Lincoln book! I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mailbox! The Lincoln book sounds very good. And lovely clock as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love history books that are written almost like fiction. And how wonderful for you to get the first edition of the o'Douglas book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you found the Lincoln book so easy to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mailbox...and I'm a big fan of clocks. Especially interesting or vintage ones. Enjoy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book looks great and I love the clock! And now you have me interested in Killing Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute clock! That book is in great condition! I am not an O'Reilly fan but I am fascinated with Lincoln. I may look for that in our library. I am curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new clock!

    Killing Lincoln is on my TBR list as I have heard very good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The old clock is adorable. Thanks for stopping by. I love your blog header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fun! I love the retro clock -- you found some great books (and other items) this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the clock! Happy reading and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...