'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, December 24, 2011

Weekend Cooking



Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a terrific holiday.

Two things we always have at Christmas dinner are Baked Pineapple (have to have this with the ham! It is wonderful spooned over your ham on your plate)and Cherry Cheesecake. I only make the cheesecake twice a year, Christmas and my oldest son's birthday.


Cherry Cheesecake   
Crust:
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

In a large bowl, combine butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press into bottom of lightly greased (sides) spring form pan.

Filling:
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 eight ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 eggs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla (or almond) extract

1 can Cherry pie filling


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and cream cheese on medium-high speed for 3 minutes.

Blend in cream. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added.

Mix in sour cream , flour and vanilla until smooth. Pour the filling batter over the crust.

Bake for one hour in preheated oven. until knofe inserted comes out clean (be careful not to over bake top will split) Turn oven off and let cake cool in oven for about 5 hours.

Top with a can of cherry pie filling

Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.


Baked Pineapple 
2 big cans crushed pineapple (save the juice)
1 cup sugar
4 tbls.cornstarch                                            
4 eggs, beaten

Pre-heat oven to 325*
Mix together the sugar, cornstarch, 1/4 cup of pineapple juice and eggs. Add pineapple. I cook this in a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle top with cinnamon and dot with butter. Bake 45 min.



This post is linked to Beth Fish Reads Weekend Cooking post. Stop over and see all the recipes!

6 comments:

  1. I make a similar cherry cheesecake and it is yummy and looks so pretty on a Christmas table.

    The baked pineapple is new to me. My husband loves pineapple and I'm definitely going to have to try this next time I make ham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both look fantastic! Never had the pineapple, I'd love it with the ham, looks delicious!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you, too!
    The cheesecake looks delicious! I am not too keen on pineapple, so I'd skip that and have another piece of cheesecake instead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't before had baked pineapple - is it like a custard after it's baked? Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn I don't think I would say it is similar to custard. I've never had custard really. It doesn't have any milk but it is thick like custard. I'm not really sure how to describe it. I use my mother-in-laws recipe and it was kind of sketchy. I saw there are lots of recipes online for it that are very different than hers but this one is the one my husband loves. Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cheesecake looks delicious, and cherry is my favorite. I haven't made one in a while because if I do I tend to eat too much of it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...