'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, December 26, 2011

Mailbox Monday



Mailbox Monday a weekly meme created by Marcia at A Girl and Her Books and is being hosted all this month by Let Them Read Books





Click to purchase
Won this book in a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway! If you haven't signed up at Goodreads or haven't explored the First Reads Giveaway you really should. There are many books offered there as free giveaways. You enter to win new books, as many as you want. You can even choose which genre you prefer to scroll thru for your selection. Read here for book synopsis.

I am really looking forward to this book. It is set in Pittsburgh PA. and the author is from Pittsburgh. I live just north of Pittsburgh and the author enclosed a nice little note with the book saying he is please someone from his hometown area won the book.


1940

I also received my 1st edition copy of O. Douglas' 'The House That is Our Own' My copy's cover is a little worn and the dust jacket is missing, but in solid shape and I am so pleased to have found it!

Still waiting for 2 more O. Douglas (Anna Buchan) books to arrive!













What's in your Mailbox this week?

9 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful to get a first edition of The House That Is Our Own. Enjoy!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog looks like some great books for you this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a good Christmas and love your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read an O'Douglas book. You got me all curious. By the way, I love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice to get a first edition, enjoy! your books.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/mailbox-monday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am curious about O'Douglas book. Your Goodreads win sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious about The First Christmas of the War. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your books! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting reads! Love your blog header! Thanks for participating in Mailbox Monday this month!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...