'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, December 19, 2011

Mailbox Monday


Mailbox Monday a weekly meme created by
and is being hosted all this month by Let Them Read Books



Saturday I received in the mailbox 'Pink Sugar' by O. Douglas. I found it at Alibris Used Books  It is a 1924 hardback copy with dust jacket! It is in really nice shape and I can't wait to get reading it.


Today I got two great books in the mailbox...
A giveaway I won over at Debbie's Book Bag -  a cozy mystery  'A Deadly Penance' by Maureen Ash 

and another O. Douglas from Alibris - 'Eliza for Common'. This is a 1928 American first edition hardback in beautiful shape with the dust jacket intact. I love old books!


1924                 1928

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, those old books look fabulous! I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! Especially with the lovely old O.Douglas books. I read Pink Sugar recently and really enjoyed it, I hope you do too. I bought The Setons and Ann and her Mother not long ago. Hoping to read them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cozy mysteries! I hope you enjoy your new books.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cool old books! Love the covers!

    By the way -- when you leave comments on my blog, I always think it is my mom because her name is Peggy too. I always have to look closely to figure out which Peggy it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of O. Douglas, but those look like fun finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is the first list I've seen this week about which I was officially jealous of every item! Happy reading.
    JNCL
    The Beauty of Eclecticism

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of O. Douglas before either, but I agree with Alyce, those look like great finds! Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those old books look so nice! I generally can get to find these old books in my part of the world. Its the new ones which are not obtainable.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...