'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturdays are for Sharing!


This Saturday I wanted to share with you... MacGyver in Water! These cartoon ebooks are very clever and witty. I really enjoyed them. I don't usually go for graphic or cartoon books but these 3 fish are a hoot and I found myself really absorbed in what in the world they would do next!

"Fish Tank" is a series of ebooks written by Carl Ray. The stories follow the adventures of 3 aquarium fish, Ted, Angelo and Hoover. The antics these fish get in to (in and out of the aquarium) made me laugh out loud. For instance they made a spear to kill the cat in 'Something Whiskered Comes This Way', And a hang glider got them where they needed to go in 'A Tale of Mothic Proportions' And in 'The Dawning of the Age of Aquarius' they blow up the TV trying to come up with a remote of their own so they can watch TV while the people are out.

At first I thought this is just silly but by the end of the first little book I was hooked! The 3 installments are available on Amazon for Kindle. Check them out!


Title: Fish Tank - The Dawning of the Age of Aquariums
Author: Carl Ray
Publisher: Amazon (self)
Synopsis:  This volume contains two of the first Fish Tank cartoons that I drew, back before I used color.  The first story is about Ted (the genius) constructing a TV remote for everyone to use when the people are away, but the infrared laser it uses turns out to be set way to high.  In the second story, they set out to save migrating salmon in Alaska from being eaten by bears and end up in the Amazon by mistake.
Release date: 7/18/2011


Title: Fish Tank - Something Whiskered This Way Comes
Author: Carl Ray
Publisher: Amazon (self)
Synopsis:  This volume contains the first story where I used color.  As the name suggests, a cat has come to live at the house and is bent on destroying the fish.
Release date: 8/1/2011



Title: Fish Tank - A Tale of Mothic Proportions
Author: Carl Ray
Publisher: Amazon (self)
Synopsis:  In this story, a strange light is shining into the tank at night, a light so bright that Ted, Angelo and Hoover can’t even sleep.  In the end, it turns out that a group of creatures with paranormal, telepathic abilities has nefarious plans for our trio.
How do you defeat an enemy that can read your thoughts?  Ted must find the answer if they are to survive!
Release date: 9/15/2011
This review was at the request of the author and is my own opinion of the book after reading. I was not compensated in any way for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...