'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Sheila over at Book Journey host this weekly meme where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!  


Last week I: finished up 'The Snowman' by Jo Nesbo,  Great book!
Read 'The Evil Guest' by Le Fanu (both of these books went towards the R.I.P challenge!)
'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' by Ransom Riggs, and a quick little mystery I picked up while on vacation this last week in Michigan, 'The Deadly Percheron' by John Franklin Bardin (click on the title of this one to see what its about)

Currently I haven't started anything yet :( Just got home from vacation and have to get caught up on so much I haven't had time yet to open a book! I have a mystery of my own going on...can't find my 84 yr. old mom's last 5 prescriptions I picked up before I left for MI. I left them on my dining room table because I knew she would be over a couple days while I was gone (dog sitting). She says she doesn't have them and I can't find them here anywhere. She has mild dementia though and they could be hidden at her house. I have to go look for them there.

Up next to read: 'A Double Death on the Black Isle' by A.D. Scott. This book was on pre-order and came while I was gone. I am so anxious to get it started! It is a sequel to 'A Small Death in the Great Glen'.  Then I think I'll read 'Penny Plain' by O. Douglas. 

(I did not include links to each book this time as I have previously linked them but "The Deadly Percheron' has a link as it is new to me!)

Leave a comment and a link please!


4 comments:

  1. It's been forever since I read The Deadly Percheron...and apparently all the details have leaked out of my brain, 'cause I can't remember anything about it. Wondering what you thought of it....

    Here's my Monday: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do hope you get some reading time in soon. I feel so lost if I don't get to read a little everyday!

    http://tammysbookreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Home for Peculiar Children so bad! It sounds like an awesome book!

    http://www.deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, Peggy. I mainly read novels. But occasionally I dip into non-fiction. The best book I have read for years is by a doctor called Atul Gawande. The title is Better. I did a post about it. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2011/11/better-by-atul-gawande.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...