'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, October 24, 2011

Mailbox Monday


 Mailbox Monday a weekly meme created by
and is being hosted all this month by 






I found an Agatha Christie treasure trove among others on the laundry room table at my mom's apartment complex this last week!


'The Secret Adversary'
Where is Jane Finn? The mere mention of her name produced a very strange reaction all over London. So strange, in fact, that Tommy and Tuppence deceided to find this mysterious missing lady. And once those two determine sleuths made up their minds, nothing could stop them -- not international espionage, kidnapping...or even murder.
'The A.B.C. Murders'
Mr. Hercule Poirot--you fancy yourself, don't you, at solving mysteries that are too difficult for our poor thick-headed British police? Let us see, Mr. Clever Poirot, just how clever you can be." Was the anonymous note a brilliant challenge or a crackpot hoax? The answer is as loud and clear as a woman's scream--precisely that of Alice Ascher, a shopkeeper in Andover bludgeoned to death on the job. Next to her corpse, a clue that's as simple as ABC. Alphabetically speaking, the master Belgian sleuth suspects it's now a matter of one down, twenty-five to go..




'Curtain'
Poirot returns to the scene of his very first crime to solve a mystery that will be his last.
 
 
 
 


'The Boomerang Clue'
Was it a misstep that sent the handsome stranger plummeting to his death from a cliff? Or something more sinister? Fun-loving adventurers Bobby Jones and Lady Frances Derwent's suspicions are certainly aroused—especially since the man's dying words were so peculiar: Why didn't they ask Evans? Bobby and Frankie would love to know. Unfortunately, asking it of the wrong people have sent the amateur sleuths running for their lives—on a wild and deadly pursuit to discover who Evans is, what it was he wasn't asked, and why the mysterious inquiry has put their own lives in mortal danger..




'The Tuesday Club Murders'
A crime expert plays with the rules of murder mystery, only to write himself out of the story. Mr. Treves, a famous criminologist, loves murder mysteries--except for the fact that they all begin with murder. But his desire to move the fatal moment to the end just might be the death of him.








'Dr. Nightingale Seeks Greener Pastures' by Lydia Adamson
'Elected for Death' by Valerie Wolzien
'Smoker' by Greg Rucka


and I won a giveaway over at Escape with Dollycas  
'Sleight of Paw' by Sofie Kelly


I am still waiting on a book I ordered back in September. 'Murder at Shots Hall' by Maureen Sarsfield seems to have gotten lost in the mail somewhere and I have to track it down today!  Wish me luck! I've been dying to read this book!


Leave a comment and a link to your mailbox list!


13 comments:

  1. Fun mailbox. Hope the 'lost book' finds its way to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Agatha Christie books are very tempting, especially during the fall and winter. Curl up and read!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, lots of Agatha Christie! You can never have enough of her books. Have a wonderful week, enjoy all your new books, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you find your missing book! Congrats on winning Sleight of Paw. That looks like a cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been years since I read Agatha Christie. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good reading week, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/mailbox-monday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoy all those books! And hopefully the lost one finds you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those book swaps you find in laundry rooms and train stations. I've found some gems that way. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Peggy, I'm so sorry your copy of MURDER AT SHOTS HALL went wayward. It's SUCH a great book! I read and reviewed it on my blog a while back. I so wish Sarsfield had written more than two mysteries. But what she wrote was choice. :)

    What a treasure trove of Christie books! Wow. I've lost my copy of THE SECRET ADVERSARY and I'll be looking another. Haven't read that one in years. You're in for a treat.

    CAn't go wrong with Christie.

    I used to read the Dr. Nightingale mysteries once upon a time. Very enjoyable.

    Also SMOKER by Greg Rucka. A good thriller.

    Wow. What a haul!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Peggy, Thanks for visiting my blog. Looks like you have a lot of Agatha Christie in your future! Murder on the Orient Express is on my iPod and a couple others on my tbr pile...hope to get to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Peggy,

    I read all of those Agatha Christie books many years ago and loved them all. I am actually quite tempted to re-read some of them, but just have so many other books in my TBR pile, that I just couldn't justify it. Having said that, I will quite happily watch any re-runs of the books if they are shown on televison, in fact I watched an episode of 'Poirot' only on Saturday evening.

    I hope that you enjoy your finds and all your other fantastic sounding arrivals, I would read all of them.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was definitely a treasure trove find. Love Agatha Christie! I don't usually get many books in the mail, but I won a couple contests this week. I would tell you what I won, but I can't remember the names and I'm too lazy to get up and look it up - so we can all be surprised together next week when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...