'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, October 3, 2011

Mailbox Monday


Mailbox Monday a weekly meme created by
 and is being hosted all this month by 



This week I got lots of books! Some in the mail and some from a trip to a used bookstore in Michigan, The Book Stop in Petoskey.

In the mail -  
Murder at Beechlands by Maureen Sarsfield
The Case of the Constant Suicides by John Dickson Carr
(This was a prize from Bev @ My Readers Block for finishing the Vintage Mystery Challenge!) 
Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by James Dean and Eric Litwin  
(this is a Christmas gift for my grandson!)

@ the book store -     
The Deadly Percheron by John Franklin Bardin
Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
Snobbery with Violence by Marion Chesney
Hasty Death by Marion Chesney
Gallows View by Peter Robinson
Double Double by Ellery Queen
Murder Well-Done by Claudia Bishop
Postern of Fate by Agatha Chrisite  

All in all a pretty good haul this week! Winters coming, have to stock up on good reads!
Leave a comment and a link to your new additions!

2 comments:

  1. Some of these are new to me. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over to visit after seeing your Scene of the Blog post at Cathy's. Love your red couch!
    I'm a recent fan of cozy mysteries but that's about the most I get into the mystery/suspense genre.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...