'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Sheila over at Book Journey host this weekly meme where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!  
 
Last week I read Mary Roberts Rinehart's 'The Great Mistake'.  I loved it!
and I also read at the request of the author 'The Safehouse'  Not so good:(

Currently I am almost finished with a vintage mystery that I am enjoying ever so much!  'The Mystery of 31 New Inn' by R. Austin Freeman.  It was first published in 1912.




Next up is 'The Snowman' by Joe Nesbo    and 'The Organ Grinder' by Maan Meyers



Reviews done this week:
'The Great Mistake'   and    'The Safehouse'


Leave a comment and a link please!


6 comments:

  1. I've read good reviews for The Snowman. Glad you are enjoying the vintage mystery. Have another great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about The Snowman! & ooh, vintage mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of people have recommended Jo Nesbo to me; I'll be interested to see what you think. Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these vintage mysteries you are reading! I have yet to read Jo Nesbo, but he is on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Snowman looks so creepy good! Enjoy! I added your post to the linky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to read The Snowman (or try anything by Nesbo) The Organ Grinder one sounds good as well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...