'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Safehouse

This story was fast paced and exciting. It is about a female detective that deals regularly with domestic abuse cases. She was an abused spouse herself and now is on a mission to save other women. She has a secret safehouse to take the victims to and a team of strong powerful women she works with under the radar (not to mention illegally) to get the abusive husbands. The writing was good, the plot was very interesting, but I could not bond with any of the characters and found it to be quite predictable.  I don't want to give away the story but the methods employed by this detective and others were way out of bounds and I felt she was being glorified for it. She in actuality was no better than the abusive husband in my mind.Not to say that you might not love this story but it just wasn't for me. Sorry Mr. Ackerman :(


This review was at the request of the author and is my own opinion of the book after reading. I was not compensated in any way for this review.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, this one wasn't for you. It happens. It does sound interesting though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...