'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Life As A Book: 2011


It's always a blast to join in with Pop Culture Nerd and her My Life As a Book series of annual posts. Each year the sentences change, and everyone's invited to fill in the blanks using only the titles of the books they've read that year.

If you've never done this, I hope you'll give it a try. It is soooo much fun!  Here we go...

One time at band/summer camp, I Light A Penny Candle (Mauve Binchy)

Weekends at my house are Magic for Marigold (L.M. Montgomery)

My neighbor is The Winter Sea (Susanna Kearsley)

My boss is An Irish Country Doctor (Patrick Taylor)

My ex was The Skeleton In The Closet (M.C. Beaton)

My super hero secret identity is Beautiful Joe (Margaret Marshall Saunders)

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry because Something in Disguise (Elizabeth Jane Howard)

I'd win a gold medal in Hunting the Fairies (Sir Compton MacKenzie)

I'd pay good money for Strawberries in the Sea (Elizabeth Ogilvie)

If I were president, I would Tramp For the Lord (Corrie ten Boom)

When I don't have good books, The Monster in the Box (Ruth Rendell)

Loud talkers at the movies should be Kissing Christmas Goodbye (M.C. Beaton)


This is such great fun! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I particularly like your last answer. I couldn't resist doing it too.

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-life-as-book-2011-so-far.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...