'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's Teaser Tuesday!

Teaser Tuesday is my favorite weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

from 'The Snowman' by Jo Nesbo   pg. 23

'The snowman had no hat, cap or scarf, and only one arm, a thin twig Jonas guessed had been taken from the hedge. However, there was something odd about the snowman. It was facing the wrong way. He didn't know why, but it ought to have been looking out onto the road, towards the open space' 

and after his mom went missing on pg. 34

'He decided to run. But he didn't. Instead he stood feeling the tentative, ice-cold wind go right through him. He turned slowly back to the snowman. Now he realized what it was that had made the snowman so familiar. It was wearing a scarf. A pink scarf Jonas had given his mother for Christmas.'

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesday post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog).

10 comments:

  1. Ooh good teaser. I'll have to check that book out.
    Here is mine http://clairesbookcorner.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like I better be looking for this book nice teaser. thanks for visiting my tt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great teaser. I'd love to know whats going on.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that sorta sounds like a horror to me. LOL!

    Here is my *sizzling* Tuesday!

    New follower as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great choosing those teasers, ... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds interesting! I will have to add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your teasers!! I have this book on audio and can't wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds a little scary to me, good teaser.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent teaser! Very eerie - I like that!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...