'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Its Teaser Tuesday!

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
'Maggie, sometimes I don't think I'm sorry that papa is dead, when I'm naughty, you know; he would have been so angry with me if he had been here; and I think, only sometimes, you know, I'm rather glad he is not.'
(quite a long sentence so we will count it as 2!)

page 7 'The Moorland Cottage' by Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesday post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog).

7 comments:

  1. I do not believe I have read this one, so I am adding it to my list.
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-picking-bones-from-ash.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she's honest at least.

    Here's mine:

    http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/teaser-tuesday-aug-23/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Teaser! here is mine http://booktalkswithcharla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great teaser and kind of sad. I hope you're enjoying it. :)


    My teaser can be found here! It's from a book I just finished and absolutely loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound sad! Really make me curious, I'll have to check it out!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a book I may like to read. Thanks for your visit to my TT.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...