'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Monday! What AreYou Reading?



A weekly meme hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. Let's share what we read last week and whats on the nightstand for next week!  This is a great way to meet other bloggers and to discover new titles that just might be your favorite book of all time! Be sure to check out Sheila's post today to see her selections and the list of links to all the other participating bloggers.


Read...
The Imam's Daughter by Hannah Shah. This book was about a Muslim girls life experiences growing up as the Imam's daughter and how she left the Islamic faith and embraced Christianity. I did not really care for this book. I just couldn't seem to 'attach' to any of the characters in the story. It seemed to stretch out the abuse experiences a little more than I thought was necessary to get across the point of how devastating her life was in the Islamic faith. But maybe it was just me and I wasn't up for that type of book last week. 

Unexpected Night by Elizabeth Daly. This was the only Elizabeth Daly book my library has and it has left me wanting more! Thoroughly enjoyed this mystery. Thought I had figured out who did it and was partially right but did not expect the twist that went with it. Will definitely look for more Daly books!

Reading...
Poison in the Pen by Patricia Wentworth. Miss Silver is a joy to read. I love the characters, the plot and the small village atmosphere

On the nightstand...
A Cup of Tey an omnibus of Josephine Tey novels including 'The Daughter of Time', 'Brat Farrar' and 'Miss Pym Disposes'

Leave a comment and tell us what you read, are reading and are looking forward to reading!

2 comments:

  1. The Immah's Daughter sounds good - too bad it felt stretched. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great week! I noticed you picked up an ereader as well, such a great thing it is to have one of those on hand - I never go anywhere without mine!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...