'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Monday, August 29, 2011

In My Mailbox


This is a fun weekly meme initiated by The Story Siren. You simply post about what books you have received during the week no matter the source--library, purchased, borrowed, etc.  That way you could mention titles that might not otherwise get some face-time on your blog.

This week I got 4 used books from the laundry room table at my mom's apartment complex. People set books they've read there and exchange that way. My mom is always on the lookout for something she thinks I will read. Sometimes she is right on and sometimes I just pass them on. This week they look pretty interesting...



And 2 new ebooks from Project Gutunberg


These two are vintage mysteries that I am looking forward to reading for my Vintage Mystery Challenge!

3 comments:

  1. I have read one of Martini's books years ago and remember liking it.
    I have yet to read Michael Connelly. He is very popular with our customers in our used bookshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice set of books this week. These are all new to me. I will have to look them up on goodreads.
    Happy reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Thanks for linking up on my "Sharing Our Bookshelves" post. It's nice to see new blogs out there! I see you mentioned about a Vintage Mystery Challenge... sounds like something I would enjoy being a part of! I'll have to find out more about that.

    Blessings,
    ~ Tarissa
    { In the Bookcase }

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...